We recently attended the much anticipated annual Industry Awards at a glittering gala evening on Monday, 14 March in Johannesburg.
Our resort management body, Vacation Management Services, as well as a number of our management and staff were recognized in a number of the categories which was very encouraging and rewarding for the Company as a whole.
The following resorts and individuals were recognised by the industry for their achievements, dedication and service excellence:
- Employee of the year (Top check in and check out) went to Cecil-Marie de Villiers of Hazyview Cabanas
- Employee of the year (Maintenance Awards) went to Zakhele “Zakes” Ngwane of Umhlanga Cabanas
- General Manager of the Year nominee was Chantelle Grobler of Sunshine Bay Beach Club
- Royal Wharf was a nominee in the “Top Gold Crown Resort – Small”
- Sunshine Bay Beach Club was a nominee in the “Top Gold Crown Resort – Medium”
- Top Unit Maintenance went to the team at Sunshine Bay Beach Club.
- Hazyview Cabanas was a nominee in the “Top Hospitality Award”
- Hazyview Cabanas was upgraded from Hospitality to Silver Crown Grading
- Long Service Award went to Boulder Bay
Business Support Awards
- Manager of the Year went to Lara Pretorius (Beekman Group)
- Manager of the Year went to June Duncan (Beekman Group)
- Employee of the Year went to Angelique Watkins (The Holiday Club)
- Sales Person of the Year went to Seema Maharaj (The Holiday Club)
We extend our congratulations to all the nominees and winners, as these individuals and Resorts have been recognised by the industry for their outstanding service and commitment to all the guests staying at our Resorts around the country and offering world-class service to our Members.