Web Developer Intern
Port Shepstone – KwaZulu Natal – South Africa
The role of the Webmaster team is to coordinate the planning, design, ongoing development, maintenance, and accessibility of the Group’s existing and new websites. The incumbent will work with both the Marketing department and IT Development teams to assist with UI & UX design and the front-end development of both new and existing websites.
The incumbent will be responsible for:
- Manage the day-to-day operations of the Group’s websites and Intranet, including updates, maintenance and on-going development
- Oversee and coordinate content management and user experience, and create and maintain a consistent Website architectural structure Find, diagnose, and fix website problems, including broken links (both internal and external), typographical errors, and formatting inconsistencies
- Meeting relevant parties to discuss their needs for website or design
- Meeting & interpreting the relevant parties business needs
- Develop briefs by gathering information and data to clarify design issues
- Thinking creatively to produce new ideas and meet the constraints of cost, time and client
- Keeping abreast of developments in IT, particularly design programs
- Working to tight deadlines
- Daily administrative tasks related to position and projects
Essential Computer proficiency:
Software: Adobe XD or similar prototyping tools, Photoshop CC, Illustrator CC, Visual Studio Code or similar code editors like Sublime, Atom or Brackets. Chrome DevTools or Firefox Developer Tools.
Other Computer proficiency: Responsive Design, GIT, GitHub, Bootstrap 5+, WordPress, PHP, SEO, Accessibility, Testing and Debugging, Web Performance
Application should include a portfolio of work completed over the past 12 months.
South Africa’s leading corporate player in the development and management of property and the leisure sector, currently has the following opportunity at Head Office in Port Shepstone. In accordance with the Employment Equity Plan of the Group, preference shall be given, but not limited to, candidates from the designated groups.
Reference # 24/06