Port Shepstone – KwaZulu Natal – South Africa
Key Performance Areas:
The Internal Auditor will be responsible for contributing to the design and implementation of audit processes, procedures and methodologies, developing and monitoring customized audit program, planning and performing operational audits to ensure compliance with the regulations, corporate standards and generally accepted internal audit standards.
- Prepare and execute scheduled audits including planning, preparation, execution, reporting and follow-up in accordance with accepted professional for the various internal departments, resorts, food and beverage outlets.
- Coordinate and conduct special audits, investigations, and/or ad-hoc projects with minimal supervision and direction.
- Develop audit scopes, including assigning internal controls and risk areas.
- Perform various aspects of execution of risk-based operational audits.
- Follow up with management on remedial action.
- Prepare Audit and Executive Summary reports.
- Promote value and recommendations including efficiency and cost-savings opportunities.
- Evaluate the overall efficiency and effectiveness of internal controls and risk areas in compliance with applicable process standards.
- Demonstrate high standards of conduct and ethics as well as ability to use appropriate judgment and discretion.
- Assist with implementing audit tools to improve audit efficiencies.
- Studying towards a Diploma or Degree in the relevant auditing field.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in similar position.
- Sound & working knowledge of MS Office, Excel etc. is essential.
- Excellent communication and organisation skills both written and verbal are essential.
- Must be willing to travel extensively.
South Africa’s leading corporate player in the development and management of property and the leisure sector currently has the following opportunity at Head Office in Port Shepstone. In accordance with the Employment Equity Plan of the Group, preference shall be given, but not limited to, candidates from the designated groups.
Ref # 15/02