Food and Beverage controller/Duty Manager
Pilanesberg – North West – South Africa
Key Performance Areas:
As a Food and Beverage controller/duty manager, you are primarily responsible for calculating costs of food and beverage items and also responsible for the short and long-term planning of the F&B controlling and pricing aspects. Additionally responsible to record information and produce control reports periodically to help maintain a suitable inventory of food and beverage items for the entire resort.
The incumbent will be responsible for:
- The overseeing, receiving issuing, storage and inventory.
- Daily stock counts on various area/stock.
- Proper document of all merchandise entering and leaving the store area.
- Be responsible for daily cash ups, banking, invoices, etc.
- Maintaining the tidiness and cleanliness of all storage areas.
- To report on variances and take follow up action.
- Stock control and management.
- Efficient and effective communication between all stake holders.
- Performance of facility inspections & completion of checklists and reports.
- Providing feedback and communication to Management for further action.
- Performance of opening and closing duties.
- Provide assistance to the F & B Manager in any areas required
Preference will be given to a candidate who comes from a resort background that has had operations experience in terms of managing a large resort.
- Proven F&B experience and a history of experience in the Hospitality industry
- Proven management skills including : Guest & Staff relations and administration, stock control
- Excellent understanding of all aspects of Hospitality Operations
- Computer literacy skills including : Excel and Word
- Desire and ability to work in a fairly remote location
- Ability to work under pressure and without supervision
- Attention to detail
- Proven communication skills
- Ability to work normal hospitality hours including shifts, overtime, working weekends and public holidays
- Own transport and a valid driver’s license essential
South Africa’s leading corporate player in the development and management of property and the leisure sector, currently has the following opportunity at The Kingdom Resort in Pilanesberg. In accordance with the Employment Equity Plan of the Group, preference shall be given, but not limited to, candidates from the designated groups.