Assistant Food & Beverage Manager – The Kingdom Resort
Pilanesberg – North West – South Africa
Key Performance Areas: Assist the F&B Manager of a large and very busy Resort property with the following:
- Planning, forecasting and budgeting the revenues and cost for the department.
- Staffing and scheduling of the employees and allocation of duties to ensure the maximisation of productivity and minimise payroll costs.
- Creating a work environment that is high in employee morale and provides constant learning and development
- Develop systems and procedures that achieve higher cost efficiency and guest satisfaction.
- Assist with the recruitment and performance appraisal and management of employees in the department.
- Manage and lead employees to ensure maximum productivity.
- Work with the outlet chefs in the area of cuisine, menu planning & design for the various outlets / banquets.
- Ensure through regular monitoring feedback, prompt, efficient and accurate service is provided to all guests.
- Organise food festivals and develop ideas in conjunction with the public relations staff programs to encourage guest support.
- Compile and review the monthly profit and loss statement
- Ensure that all the operational standards set for all the equipment and processes are followed.
- Maximise F&B profitability by implementing the cost containment strategies for all the outlets.
- Conduct refresher-training programs for employees and guide the new employees in the department.
- Revise manager’s duty list to ensure that all areas of reporting and reconciling is covered.
- Address any grievance and counselling issues among the department associates with all departments and areas including outsourced functions
- Proven F&B Management experience and a history of experience in the Hospitality industry
- Proven management skills including: Guest & Staff relations and administration, Management of revenue streams, Budgeting and Financial experience
- Excellent understanding of all aspects of Hospitality Operations
- Computer literacy skills including : Excel, Word & Gaap
- Desire and ability to work in a fairly remote location
- Ability to work under pressure and without supervision
- Attention to detail
- Proven communication skills
- Ability to work normal hospitality hours including shifts, overtime, working weekends and public holidays
- Own transport and a valid driver’s license essential.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
South Africa’s leading corporate player in the development and management of property and the leisure sector, currently has the following opportunity at The Kingdom Resort in Pilanesberg. In accordance with the Employment Equity Plan of the Group, preference shall be given, but not limited to, candidates from the designated groups.
Ref # 17/08